Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Baby Bullies

This week's article is all about baby bullies--that is, toddlers who hit, kick, bite, and so on. I must confess that this topic was chosen because I, myself, have a baby bully! My 17 mos. old son is the bully of the house! He pulls his big sister's hair relentlessly! Hit hits, he flails, he kicks! After reaching out to other moms with similar issues, it seems that the best solution for curbing bullying behavior in toddlers is time-outs. Obviously, toddlers are just beginning to explore their worlds and learn right from wrong, so time-out makes sense because removing them from the situation will eventually help them to see that hitting, biting, etc. will end in being removed from fun. I am utilizing a firm "No" in combination with time-outs, as I suggest to my readers. So far, so good...

No comments: