Thursday, December 9, 2010

Sleeping a little Better

First, I was glad to hear from a family member about this issue. She has a child going through some similar bedtime battles; it's nice to know I am not alone. You know who you are, so, thanks for that, you!

I am happy to report that things are better. My little one has been taking 3 mg of Melatonin at bedtime, per the doctor. I don't think, chemically, it actually does much. However, psychologically, I think it helps--my little one thinks it will help her sleep better, so she does. I don't like my kids to have to take meds all the time, not even herbal supplements, like melatonin, so, eventually, I will be replacing this pill with a vitamin or some other placebo, and see if it still works. We are not cured of sleeplessness by any means, yet. However, my daughter has slept through 4 of the last 14 nights. I know that doesn't sound like much, but it is huge improvement for her.

No comments: