Friday, March 20, 2009

Australia

Hubby and I watched the movie, Australia, starring Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman a few nights ago, and I thought I'd share my opinion of it. On a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the best, I'd give it a 3. The scenery was beautiful, and the movie was narrated by the main character, an Aboriginal child, which I loved. I have a real proclivity for movies that are narrated. I think this may have began when I saw Mermaids, with Cher and Winona Ryder, for the first time (if you haven't seen this, check it out). Back to the outback, the plot was interesting, though, I would say not terribly original. Nicole Kidman's character reminded me a lot of Scarlet O'Hara in Gone with the Wind--spoiled rich girl forced to grow up and get her hands dirty, realizing what's really important in life---and, in both cases, land turns out to be the thing "worth fighting for." So, all in all, the movie is worth watching, if for nothing else, watch it for the Jackman eye candy.

No comments: