Friday, March 20, 2009

Great Book for Preteen Girls

If you have a preteen daughter, or tween as they are calling it these days, and you are wondering just how to broach the subject of her changing body, get her the book, The Care and Maintenance of Me--the Body Book for Girls. This book is put out by the American Girl company. My eldest daughter is 10, and while I think I am pretty good at explaining things to her and am fairly confident that she wouldn't be afraid to ask me anything, I wanted to make sure that I hadn't forgotten anything and that there wasn't something that she was too embarrassed to ask--or something that she or I didn't think to discuss. So, I picked up this book. It covers everything from hygeine to periods to eating disorders. It is, I think, a great tool for parents and a great reference for girls.

No comments: