Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sleep Update

My daughter is sleeping much better, still taking Melatonin most nights. On average, she has been getting up only once or twice a week, which is a MAJOR improvement. Additionally, when she does wake up, she is not screaming, crying or scared, just a bit disoriented and goes back to bed without much problem. So, phew...
On the other hand, my, now three-year-old son has taken to getting up in the middle of the night and climbing into bed with us. And, right or wrong, I'm not about to kick him out...just yet. I know, I know, if I let this continue, it may become a pattern, and I will have trouble getting him to sleep in his own bed. I, myself, have warned other parents and my readers of the perils of allowing a pattern of co-sleeping to develop. But, he's my youngest child and my last chance to snuggle before he takes flight, so I'll take my chances.

No comments: