Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Cellular Madness

When did cell phones take over the world?! Do people really have so much to say and whatever they have to say, can it really not wait until they get home? It's out of contol! Even more annoying is the kids. Kids with cell phones. Why the hell does a kid need a cell phone? Parents will justify this indulgence by saying that they need it to call because they have sports practice or band or whatever. Gee, I was in extracurricular activities in school, too, and I didn't have a cell phone. I just told my mom when it was time to pick me up, and she picked me up. Do coaches/teachers change their mind all of the sudden and decide that practice will last longer or be cut short? No, they don't. I know, I was a teacher and a coach. There's a thing called a schedule and if you have to change it, you let the student and the parents know--in advance. Now, when a kid is old enough to drive and is going out, I can see why a parent would want them to have a phone. That makes sense, but an eight year old with a phone is just silly, not to mention a major distraction--for the kid and for everyone around him.

No comments: