Friday, December 5, 2008

When your'e a Jet...

The auto company CEOs are so broke that they show up to their first meeting in which they are asking the taxpayers and the government for money in private JETS!!! That is like a suspected murderer showing up to court with blood on his shirt. How does it look?! Personally, I am still struggling with my opinion on whether or not we should bail these guys out or not. On the one hand, I understand that if we don't a lot of men and women will lose their jobs, not to mention that this will stifle innovation within the automobile industry in the US, if not annihilate it altogether. And in a recession, people need to be working and new ideas need to be fostered. Conversely, I fear that if we "bail-out" the auto industry, they will just screw it up again. I mean, why are we here in the first place. Plus, if we help them, who's next? The credit card companies?

No comments: