Friday, December 12, 2008

If There is a Hell

I am sitting here watching the breaking news on the case of Caylee Anthony, you know the case, the little girl who has been missing whose mother is in jail charged with her murder--and tears are literally streaming down my face. A body has now been found that the authorities believe is the little girls', and it looks like she had duct tape over her mouth, indicating that she suffered and was murdered--by her mother. I am overcome with a sick feeling and I can't help crying thinking about the horror that this little innocent girl lived as her last moments in life. It's hard to imagine anyone being able to committ this sort of heinous crime, but, as a mother, it is unimaginable to me that a mother could murder her child. I just don't understand why one would choose murder when there are other choices that can be made. If for whatever reason, she didn't want the child anymore, she could have left her with the grandparents or at a hospital, no questions asked. Why murder her? I guess because she was too chickenshit to admit that she was a failure as a mother and that she didn't want her baby. Cases likes these sometimes make it hard to have faith in humanity. If there is a hell, Casey Anthony has just sealed her reservation.

No comments: