Thursday, February 24, 2011

Power of a Kiss

Tonight, my hubby was exhausted and is still recovering from a flu, so he went to bed super early. When it was time for my three year old to get ready for night-night, he asked if he could pee in my bathroom since his older sister was using theirs (the kid bathroom). So, we went into my bathroom, he peed (yay!). Then, he walked into our bedroom and kissed Daddy on his head while he slept. Then, he whispered to his daddy, "Daddy, I kissed you on your head. Now you can have power that I gave you and your head won't hurt anymore." This melted my heart, of course. And got me thinking, where did he get such an idea? Well, if you know me, you know that I am a migraine sufferer (a migraineur, my doctor would say), and often when I get a bad migraine, my hubby will hold me and plant a kiss on my head. Tommy surely saw him do this on more than one occasion. But, what about the "power" part? Where did he get this idea? Well, we our kids fall and get boo-boos, we kiss them better. When they are scared and they cry, we hug them and kiss them. So, if you think about it, kisses are a source of power and comfort for a child. For us adults, too. Maybe we just don't believe it the power of the kiss as much as we should. Children can teach us so much.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Such a precious moment! They take in so much around them don't they!