Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Down Under

Potty talk has been about the only talk going on in this house, and my mind has been absolutely consumed with the workings of my three-year old's digestion. It's sick, I know. But, come on, fellow mothers in the potty-training trenches, back me up here, I cannot be the only with pee and poopy on my mind! Anyway, after playing the Pull-Ups game with my three-year old son for SEVERAL months, I finally reached out to other moms of boys and asked, "How the hell do I potty train this strange creature?!" Girls I can do, I've done, quite easily, and three times, I have to give myself some props here. Okay, I'm done. But this boy being I had no idea what to do with. The resounding answer from my Mom experts was, ditch the pull-ups, make him wear underwear. Yikes! Visions of soiled rugs and loads of laundry swam through my mind. But, I was desperate, so yesterday, I did it. I declared it Underwear Day. My son and I gathered up the diapers and the Pull-Ups and tossed them. He then picked out his Spongebob underwear and pulled them on by himself, agreeing that he is a big boy now! Yea! Well, as the day wore on, we went through another Spongebob, a Lightning McQueen and two Buzz Lightyears, but he did go on the potty several times and stayed dry during his nap. Today is day two and I am happy to report that we are still on our first Buzz Lightyear.

No comments: